Turmeric milk is a very tasty drink that is usually been drunk before bed. It is a traditional Indian and Ayurvedic beverage that gives us amazing health benefits and boosts health in many ways.
To boost the anti-inflammatory properties of this tasty beverage, we recommend you to add ginger.
We chose to use coconut milk too, as it is high in healthy fats and lauric and capric acid, and antimicrobial lipids, that have strong antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.
Studies have confirmed the numerous healing properties of turmeric, such as:
- It soothes pain and fights fever
- Relieves arthritis pain, since it has powerful anti-inflammatory properties
- Boosts blood circulation and thins the blood
- Detoxifies the liver, boosts its function, and stimulates the flow of bile
- heals and soothes the digestive tract, and has strong antiseptic properties that prevent ulcers
- Studies have found that its active ingredient, curcumin, fights several types of cancer cells
- It slows cancer in the skin, colon, breast, liver, forestomach, and duodenum
- The anti-angiogenic properties of curcumin prevent the growth and metastases of tumors by slowing down the new blood vessel formation and causing asphyxiation of tumors
Now, here is the recipe of this healthy drink:
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (to boost the bioavailability of turmeric; avoid it in the case of ulcerative intestinal issues)
- 1″ piece of ginger sliced
- Raw honey (optional)
Mix all the ingredients, except the honey, in a saucepan. Whisk and heat over medium heat until the milk starts to bubble. Then, lower the heat, simmer for 5 minutes, and strain. In the end, sweeten with honey, and stir well.
If you want to have it on hand and prepare it in no time, you should get a small jar and mix:
- 3 tablespoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
Shake the jar to combine the ingredients, and when you need to prepare the drink, just add a teaspoon of the mixture to a cup of milk.